Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Feb 2004
Spotting on the Pil - Could I be pregnant?
Hi there, I'm a 27-yr old mom of a 10month old baby boy. I'm on the pil (Triphazel). My periods are only supposed to start next week. Last week I noticed the distinctive "egg white" symptom of ovulation. (I thought you don't ovulate, whilst on the pil) This morning I discovered spotting on my underwear. I have been using Slender C slimming tablets for the past 3 - 4weeks. Could that have been working against the pil, and does the spotting mean I'm pregnant?
Correct, you do not ovulate on the Pill. The discharge does not necessarily mean ovulation. Hormones in the Pill can cause it as well. The spotting means that you are having breakthrough bleeding, but does not indicate pregnancy. Slender C may well interfere with the Pill but, as it will not have been tested, its effect is unknown. I would suggest that you stop the Slender C and wait and see what happens. If the spotting recurs, you may have to change to a different pill.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- INSIDE LABOUR | Covid-19 didn't cause union failures - the unions did it themselves
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20217 votes