Ask an expert

13 Jul 2005

sterilized and want another baby.
I am 36 and sterilized. my fiance is 44 and has had a vasectomy. what can i do to have another baby.. is it possible? what route do i need to follow to have another baby.. is it possible to harvest sperm from a man who is sterilized? how would they get eggs from me??
please can you try and answer my questions or refere me to someone who can help me..
Answer 360 views

01 Jan 0001

ICSI would probably be the best route. This involves extracting eggs from the man, taking your eggs and then fertilising them in a test tube and implanting the embryo in the uterus.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9363 votes
67% - 19333 votes