Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Nov 2004
stomach cramps at 6 weeks pregnant
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and seem have constant stomach cramps and feel bloated most of the time. Is this normal? I haven’t eaten anything spicy or that would normally indigestion. Is there any medication that will relieve the pain. I can only eat savoury foods at the moment. I also feel rather depressed most of the time. I was excited when I first found out I was pregnant, now I feel misearable. I know this is probably due to the hormones but when will it pass? So far I have been lucky and not felt too sick, have never actually vomited. Is there any kind of safe anti-depressant to take when you are pregnant.
Please see answers to similar questions about pain in pregnancy. You should not start an antidepressant on your own, but should rather consult your doctor about it. Try doing some relaxing things meanwhile to destress.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes