Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Jul 2006
Stopped EVRA - now lactating???
I just recently stopped using the EVRA patch (does anybody else use it???) It was great for 8 months, no side effects. Then the headaches, itching etc set in. One month during my period I was even lactating - or leaking something that looked just like colostrum. I decided to stop the patch and not use contraception at all for a little while just to let my body settle. Now I'm leaking colostrum AGAIN!!! My pharmacist says my hormones are completely messed and I must go for full spectrum blood tests. Is this necessary or should I leave it for a while???
I agree with your pharmacist. In particular, you should have your prolactin levels checked.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20305 votes