Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Jul 2006
Stopped EVRA - now lactating???
I just recently stopped using the EVRA patch (does anybody else use it???) It was great for 8 months, no side effects. Then the headaches, itching etc set in. One month during my period I was even lactating - or leaking something that looked just like colostrum. I decided to stop the patch and not use contraception at all for a little while just to let my body settle. Now I'm leaking colostrum AGAIN!!! My pharmacist says my hormones are completely messed and I must go for full spectrum blood tests. Is this necessary or should I leave it for a while???
I agree with your pharmacist. In particular, you should have your prolactin levels checked.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines and severe side effects: These numbers will help you keep calm
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- Covid-19 immunity passports: People could become lax about basic protection measures
- The EFF wants us to use the Russian, Chinese vaccines. But there are unanswered questions about them
- What is a nutritionally balanced diet and how do you achieve it?
- 'Vengeful spite' and 'publicity seekers': Ace Magashule, ANC meet in court
- Don't worry - we will eventually have the money for SAA, Harith says amid funding concerns
- Karyn Maughan | Malema's bid to gag former EFF MP over VBS ends in tears for the fighters
- No trust, no understanding - the divide between SA's formal sector and the township economy
- Tour Verdict: SA's bowling boxes ticked, but batting issues remain a work in progress
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9527 votes
69% - 20980 votes