Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Nov 2004
strangely irregular periods
i am 16 yrs old and hve my periods for 2 yrs. i do get it regularly but for the past 3-4 mnths for the entire first and second days there has been nothing. when it starts there is a brownish substance but then for next 2 days there is nothing and then after this period my real period begins.im xtremely worried that there is sumthin seriosly wrong with me.i dont know where to turn please please help me.
I doubt that there is anything serious wrong. It can happen that the lining of the womb sheds irregularly and you theefore have spotting before the full period starts.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes