Ask an expert

12 Nov 2006

swelling of the vulva wall
During exual activity the one wall of my vulva swells and takes days to reduce. I've seen a gynacologist was infromed that it was the lining, that being the eqiuvalent of the male testes, which was coming through. She suggested surgery to drain the 'self-contained liquid' or to wait till it drains itself, which it did, but it returns everytime I engage in sexual activities. How can I prevent this painful result?
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001

If you have a cyst, this will probably need to be drained. If it is just friction, try KY jelly.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19997 votes