Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Jul 2010
Symptoms after surgery
Resection of endometriosis. The diagnosis after the operation was as follows:
- Ovarian cyst removed and biopsy was benign
- Traces of endometriosis removed
- Adenomyosis mass located deep in the muscle of my uterus was not removed as the doctor feared damage to the uterus
I had a pap smear 2 weeks ago and results where clear. The vaginal examination per hand resulted in the doctor commenting that everything felt like a mess, however the transvaginal scan said otherwise. Everything looked fine.
My concern is that I am now experiencing the following symptoms:
- Severe pelvic pain
- Inconsistent bleeding
In my opinion the bleeding is not menstrual related as I am currently on Diane 35 (and do not take the placebos), as per doctors recommendation. I have also not had a period for a year now.
I am wits end and have lost confidence in my doctor who is a world renowned specialist. Please note this is the second operation (with different gynae) in a year and a half.
Please help, where to from here?
I don't know what you are taking the Diane for. Is it for endometriosis or for something else. If it is for endometriosis, there are more effective treatments but I would need more details in order to comment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
- 'My heart broke in half' - Miguel Louw's mother, sister speak of their emotional turmoil
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19906 votes