Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Nov 2006
TALKING TO MY 10 YR OLD - COMING OF AGE
MY DAUGHTER HAS JUST TURNED 10 AND I KNOW THAT THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE OF HER COMING OF AGE SOON. SHE IS STILL VERY IMMATURE, PREFERING TO WATCH CARTOONS THAN BOTHERING WITH FASHION AND HER APPEARANCE. HOW DO I APPROACH THE SUBJECT DELICATELY TO EDUCATE HER. SHE IS JUST SO CLUELESS AND INNOCENT AT THE MOMENT AND IT IS SAD FOR ME TO ASK HER TO GROW UP. IT IS SO SCARY FOR ME BUT I KNOW THAT IT IS INEVITABLE. PLEASE ADVISE!
She will probably have had some sex education at school. Perhaps you can ask about this as a way of introducing the subject.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Top cop Sitole and key generals look to SCA for salvation
- 'State-owned pharmaceutical manufacturer exists only in name, has no assets' - Blade Nzimande
- Why birds in the Eastern Cape have been 'dropping dead from the sky'
- Court rules New York land tender 'should stand', says Dirco's explanation is 'unconvincing'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19908 votes