Ask an expert

17 Jul 2006

I think I may have torn down below, although I can't say I'm in any pain. If I can explain it like this: I feel a lot softer and my muscle tone not as strong and tight.

What I speak of is not internal muscles, but I think the perenium is what it is called. I'm almost certain that the 'wedge' is much smaller and shorter and only stronger and firmer (only a very small pea size portion) right up close next to the rectum.

If I have torn. What causes this? I always wear G-strings, could this be a reason?

What do I do? What doctor would i see to have this checked ou?
Is it serious? What will happen if I leave it?

I will I be sure ......?

Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

I doubt that you could have torn. This would only happen after childbirth or very vigorous sex possibly. If you feel that your muscle tone is lax, you could try pelvic floor exercises. You should see a gynaecologist if you feel that there is a problem.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20296 votes