Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Dec 2004
during the last month my breasts have increased very noticibly in size, they are very tenderand sore when i touch them.i have not put on weight in any other part of my body.i had a full normal period exactly a week ago and im on nordette contraceptive.im not having any other signs of pregnancy at all and usually get quite pms a week and a half before my period,but i still have 2 weeks until my period.i am ovulating at the moment. Is there any chance i might be pregnant?.i am sexually active (obviuosly) my boyfriend and i have been togather for over a year.but i really do not want to be pregnant right now..please advise!
If you are on the Pill, you do not ovulate. You don't say how long you have been on Nordette, but the breast tenderness may be a side effect of the Pill. If you have just had a period, pregnancy is unlikely.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19906 votes