Ask an expert

06 Dec 2004

Terrified something is seriously wrong with me!
Morning Everyone,

I sincerly hope you can help me, I posted here a few weeks ago, with a question about pregnancy and a suspected bladder infection. It turns out that I was pregnant, but had o sign of a bladder infection (although showed the symptoms), but shortly thereafter had incredible cramps and started my period which lasted the usual time, and was a bit lumpy the first day, but thereafter normal. Now, I have this crippling pain in my lower abdomen on the right hand side, and also on my lower back in the same place. Last night I couldn't even move I was in so much pain. I had a serious fever, with night sweats. I am really worried, what is wrong with me? I don't have a medical aid, and the last doc I went to did a battery of tests costing R900.00 only to tell me that I would need to go to a urologist for further testing. Could it be my appendix? Or is it a urology problem? Or could it be an ectopic? I am 22 years old.
Answer 288 views

01 Jan 0001

If you have a fever and severe pain, you could have a bladder/kidney infection, appendicitis or uterine infection after your miscarriage. You would have to see a doctor to confirm this though. You have posted a number of times and I am not able to help you further because it is impossible to make an assessment without examining you. My advice the last time was to see your doctor. If you cannot afford to go provately, you should go to a state hospital.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.