Ask an expert

20 Jul 2005

To all the ladies....Advise please
Hi all,
let me begin by saying i fell pregnant at a very young age,i was writing my final matric exams(PS i did pass which shocked the hell out of me). i hid the pregnancy for the first 7 months from everyone as i was a bit fat before so me picking up weight wasnt really an issue. the day my mother found out she ws devistated and so was my father....there little girl messed up big time. anyways they accepted it and supported me through it but i was send away to durbs to have the baby so that nobody in the family would know. i had the baby and she was the most gorgeous little angel.when we got back i had to play hide and seek for the first month until they decided to tell the family.everyone accepted it and now cant get enough of my little angel and all love her like crazy. 3 months later we got married cos my husband said that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with us. i am now married for 3.1/2 years and my pricess is almost 4, but those hurt feelings are still there.........and what really pisses me off is when people mention it or talk about how i apparently hid it so well. i now feel like a dont want to have anymore children and yet my husband really wants to have another someday. why am i feeling this way?....i really feel serious about it where it goes to a point where i tolf him i want to go for sterilization. i am currently on the pill but am even scared of still falling preggies that i make him use a condom most of the time also..........i know he doesnt like it much but he does it because it makes me happy. is it fear of some sort? you think ill regret it later if i go for the sterelization?....i am only 21 and have many more years to still think of having another.why do i feel like this?
Answer 272 views

01 Jan 0001

I would strongly recommend that you do not have a sterilisation at this stage. Rather go for counselling to work through this.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.