Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Mar 2003
Trying to conceive
I have been off the pill since July last year and I am trying to fall pregnant (I already have two children). My first two pregnancies happened very quickly. My cycle seems to be very different this time round however. My cycle starts with two or three days of spotting. I then have a "normal" period. About a week after my period, as my period is finishing, my breasts become tender for about a week. They then return to normal and I then have a period after about two weeks. This seems strange to me as previously when I was trying to conceive my breasts became tender in the second half of my cycle, not the first half as they do now. Could this indicate that my hormones are "mixed up" and is that why I am battling to conceive this time round?
Every pregnancy is different and you are still well within the normal time that it takes to conceive. Work out what your cycle is from the start of one period to the next. Provided it is between 26 and 32 days, this is normal. Breast tenderness is not a reliable sign of what's happening in your cycle and women vary widely in terms of when breasts are tender.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Solly Moeng | Profit above all: Why SA's whistleblowers are being ostracised
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes