Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Aug 2008
Trying to conceive
I’ ve been trying to conceive for 5yrs now. I have pcos. The dr prescribed 150mg clomid and I’ ve been ovulation for the past 3 months now. Went for an ovulation blood test and it was 160. I think that’ s Good! I had intercourse on the time of ovulation. Could there be something I’ m doing wrong. I’ ve lost so much weight. I am 59 kg and 1.7mt tall. I am currently taking prenatal vitamins and I am on a strict diet. I do not drink or smoke. How long should it take a couple to conceive that are ovulating? Or could someone give me some advice. I have tried everything and I am really feeling discouraged!! Please someone help me.
Unfortunately women do not fall pregnant even if they have sex at the time of ovulation. It can take up to a year even for a normal healthy couple. It sounds like you are doing all the right things, but it would be a good idea to see a fertility expert.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9473 votes
68% - 20305 votes