Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Jul 2005
Ultasound due date
I have just had my second ultrasound and according to my last menstration and my doctor I am around 16 weeks with my due date being the 31st December. With today's ultrasound they took some more measurements and according to the measurement taken of the head the due date is the 20th of December and reflects that i am 18 weeks-however i am sure of the 16 weeks since i know date of conception. Does this mean that my baby is growing too fast or has something wrong with it? I am worrying myself sick. Please help
Pregnancy time is worked out from the last menstrual period. Ovulation does not always occur when expected. If, for example it occurred on Day 7 instead of Day 14, this would make the baby a week older. There is nothing to worry about.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes