Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Apr 2006
urinary incontinence - age 23
I don't have too much of a problem anymore when i sneeze, but i did before. Now I'm having major problems at gymnastics, when i jump on floor or trampoline i just can't hold it (urine) in. Luckily it's not too visible, but it goes all down my leggings & it's getting very serious. I know it must have been when i was young & had severe stomach problems (I have cystic fibrosis)it was too hard to hold urine in while defaecating. so i just relaxed my muscles & didn't hold it in anymore. i must have been about 7 at the time, but i think that's what started off the problem. PLease help, i would be very grateful.
I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist. There are two situations where urine leakage occurs. The one is due to dropping down of the urethra and needs surgery; the other is an irritable bladder and responds to medication.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19428 votes