Ask an expert

19 Oct 2009

vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
about 19months ago i had to have a c-section due to the fact that i had genital warts, for some reason my doctor only removed them on the day of my c-section, after he had removed the baby he quarterised them. Now I am pregnant again almost 3months along,and i really want to have viginal birth please can you advice me on VBAC hospitals and doctors in and around South Africa that can help me please and also could you advice me on what you think i should do thanks.

Kind Regards,
Answer 2,587 views

01 Jan 0001

The decision about VBAC will depend on the size of the baby close to the time of delivery and the size of your pelvis, as well as whether there are any medical problems or problems during the pregnancy. Thus there are not specific doctors who do VBACs. You could discuss this with whoever you see at the time of the first visit.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes