Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Aug 2006
hullo doc, i need your urgent help. i got a terrible inflamation in my vagina which starts towards my periods and in the middle of the month. i get swellings in particular areas which start by itchin and then burst with time,and really hurt then, i also get a rush and its irritating been to a doc and 3 times i have been given dozes of cyclovax, saying it is slight herpes, my viganal urinal path also itches some times. could u pliz advice me wat this cud be and how i could get it treated?
It is difficult to say what this is without an examination. If you have been diagnosed with herpes, this does tend to be recurrent. You can use medications like Cyclovax when you feel an attack starting. It may alsio be that you have thrush, which would respond to Canesten pessaries.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20210 votes