Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Feb 2008
Vaginal Hysterectomy & bladder repair
Please can you inform me of the aftercare "do's and don't's" of the above subject. I had a partial hysterectomy (no ovaries removed). What I would really like to know is when can i resume driving my car? Thanks
You should not lift heavy things or do lots of stretching or pushing. Driving a car will depend on when you are able to apply brakes without pain - roughly 2-3 weeks.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- More research provides reassurance on Covid-19 vaccine safety – even for those with severe allergies
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- PP apologises to judge she attacked over Gordhan interdict, as she defends 'Rogue Unit' report
- Road Accident Fund wants 102 law firms probed for not returning R340m sent 'by mistake'
- The 'decisive decade': World leaders mull over Earth's last hope to beat climate crisis
- What can we expect from local government elections? We ask 3 analysts
- Soccer's 'Super League' collapse: Best in fired-up TV punditry
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9441 votes
68% - 20045 votes