Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Feb 2004
Hi Doc, my baba dogtertjie van 16 maande se vaginale holte is toe. (Bedek met velletjie). Is dit normaal? Kan u asb. vir my inligting gee. Was die hospitaal nie veronderstel om haar vaginale dele ook te ondersoek nie. My Ginekoloog Dr. Burger van CarstonHof Kliniek in Midrand het aanbeveel dat sy moet gaan vir n klein operasie om haar vaginale holte oop te sny, en hy het ook n roompie aanbeveel wat ek na die operasie moet aan wend sodat hy nie weer toe groei nie. Sal sy kan menustrueer? Sal sy seksueel kan aktief wees? En sal sy kinders kan baar? Ek is baie bekommerd!!!! Is daar nie dalk enige ander opsie wat ons kan gebruik, behalwe om haar te vat vir n operasie nie.
IF this is an abnormality that your daughter was born with, then an assessment will have to be made as to exactly what the problem is - is her vagina normal and does she have a uterus. Sometimes little girls labia stick together and all that is needed is for them to be pulled apart and the rest is fine. So your questions really depend on the exact nature of the problem.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- App allows users to report adverse effects from medicines, including Covid-19 vaccines
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Cape Town inferno: Maintenance of fire site a centuries-old debate
- PP apologises to judge she attacked over Gordhan interdict, as she defends 'Rogue Unit' report
- Road Accident Fund wants 102 law firms probed for not returning R340m sent 'by mistake'
- The 'decisive decade': World leaders mull over Earth's last hope to beat climate crisis
- What can we expect from local government elections? We ask 3 analysts
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9441 votes
68% - 20045 votes