Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Jun 2010
Please can you assist me or point me in the right direction on where I can find information on VBAC deliveries in South Africa. I have searched the internet but mainly found information from American, Australian and UK websites and forums. From what I have read, their maternity and obstetric practices are somewhat different and far more relaxed than that of the South African private sector. I would desperately like to have a VBAC delivery or even a trial of labor but it is looking very bleak at the moment because I cannot find any evidence or birth stories of South African women who have had or attempted a VBAC.
I can't help you with stories of other women. If you want to look at articles, search in Pubmed.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- Link between Covid-19 and Alzheimer's-like brain impairment identified
- Does a plant-based diet really help beat Covid-19?
- HIIT workouts: Just 15 minutes of intense activity can improve heart health
- If I stopped state capture evidence, we could have been sued - Zondo pleads for another 3 months
- Digital Vibes scored R35m before health dept even approved their work, committee hears
- Chris Roper | Tembisa 10: Corruption flourishes if trust in the media is broken
- Facing arrest and jail time for contempt, Hlophe’s attorney Xulu turns to him for help
- Delays, legal costs, assassination attempts: Zondo hears it all in last stretch
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9519 votes
69% - 20861 votes