Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Aug 2008
i am a 30 year old women and had two kids already, and i am not planning on having any more, i would like to know if you do not have problems with your ovaries but would like to have them removed, would it be possible my reason for this is that my breast are extremely painful a week before my mensis and a bleed heavily for up to nine days and the pain is tremendous i can barely walk, and also just before i start i have this sharp pain on the right side that i makes it difficult to stand.
If your ovaries are removed, you will immediately be menopausal and this is not pleasant. You should see a gynaecologist to find a cause for your symptoms. There are treatments that would be able to help.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Covid-19: Men create more antibodies after asymptomatic infections and keep them for longer – new research
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes