Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Jan 2004
Hi, I started gaining weight about 2 years ago. After medical examination it became clear that I had to under go a historectomy, after that I started gaining weight that I am unable to get off, no matter what I do. I went as far as only eating fruit, but I still gain weight and it is frustrating me completely. I always weight about 55-58kg, and now stand at 74kg. I know my age playes a roll, I am 35, but it is unacceptable for me. The last time I weight this much was when I was pregnant with my ten year old. please I am desperate!!!
DietDoc may be able to help.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
- Move to Level 1 won't move the dial on growth outlook – economists
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes