Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Dec 2004
Hi. When I fell pregnant the first time I picked up close to 30kg! I'm so scared that it would happen again. I used to gym 2 x a day, but had severe back pain during pregnancy that I had to stop going to gym. I beleive that was the main reason, as my diet was still very healthy. This time round I'm doing it differently, but still scared of weight gain. What is the best thing to do? I took me a year to loose it again.
A healthy diet and moderate exercise program is the way to do it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
- Prof Karim reflects on a year of Covid-19: 'We were sailing a ship while building it'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19405 votes