Ask an expert

07 Dec 2004

What causes Vaginal Inflammation and how can it be cured?
Whenever my boyfriend and i have sex, i burn afterwards and have pain. It's so bad that i can't have sex again the same day and i am also very dry and it's sometimes painfull during intercourse. I had a pap smear done about 3 months ago and the results showed that i have inflammation, there were no signs of an infection or STD's and i'm healthy otherwise. I've been to different clinics and also a Gynea, but i still have the problem. I use the medicaiton and antibiotics they give me and we also sistain from sex for sometimes up to a month, but every time we have sex i have the same problem.

Could u please tell me what is the cause of the inflammation and what can i do to make it go away. I don't know what to do anymore, i can't have a normal sex life! PLEASE HELP!!
Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

If you are dry, this can cause pain and inflammation. Try using KY jelly for lubrication.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.