Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Nov 2006
what is wrong?
I have tried using the ovulation calendar in order to conceive but have now run out of patience. i've been ttc for almost ten months now. i've regular periods, i've pap smear and scans and the gynae even told me i'm fine there's nothing wrong with me. My partner also went for sperm count and he seems to be fine as well. Could it be possible that i'm not ovulating according to what my ovulation calendar say and is there anyway that i can know besides using the ovulation kits? I've heard and read about clomid and would like to try it, would it affect me in anyway if i'm ovulation normally and when taking should we ttc on my normal ovulation days?My last period started on 9 oct and i was supposed to ovulate between 20 and 22 oct, we tried to conceive through those days and waited til my next period which was only a day late (7 nov, supposed to be 6 nov) to my dissapointment. i've tried everything i could think of(including putting legs up afta intercourse),i just don't know whats happening and i'm ready to give up. can you help me out DOC?
Have your doctor do a blood test to check if you are ovulating. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Qaanitah Hunter | Unqualified for the job but, still working for government
- Top cop Sitole and key generals look to SCA for salvation
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19910 votes