Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Jul 2008
What pill to use?
I' m on Femodene after I stopped breastfeeding for 3 months now.I' ve had headaches every month during my menstruation(only during menstruation) since i' ve been on Femodene.The last 2 months I' m very agressive and very short tempered to the extent that I yell at my 17month old baby(only while I menstruate and the week there after). Sometimes it gets so bad that I cut myself emosionally of from her and ignore her totally.I am a stay at home mom and I feel sooo guilty that I treat her so bad.This is a new thing and I think it must have something to do with Femodene.What do you think? If you agree what pill would you recommend?
It does sound like a side effect of the Pill. This varies from person to person, so there isn't an easy answer. It will be trial and error. Perhaps try Yasmin.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Jabulani Sikhakhane | Political greed is the biggest fire to put out
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20008 votes