Ask an expert

24 Aug 2007

wider vagina after 1st pregnacy
My first child birth was vaginal and now my vagina is too wide.It makes me uncomfortable during sex because with certain positions I cant feel my boyfriend. Being 12 weeks pregant with my second child, Im getting even more concerned with this problem as I prefer vaginal bith to caesar. Is there a way of reconstruction to a smaller size after second child birth and what does it involve
Answer 445 views

01 Jan 0001

You do not need a resconstruction. You can try doing pelvic floor exercises. 'Knyp' as though you are stopping a stream of urine. This should be done 50 times a day to strengthen the muscles.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19304 votes