Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Nov 2005
worms in pregnancy
I am 26 weeks pregnant and could find anything on the net. My child are being treated for worms via our doctor. He's 3 What if I contract worm infestation would it harm my unborn baby?. My logic says to me it wont pass the placenta am I right? Funny question but I want to know
The worms will not harm your baby. Most of the medications for worms cannot be used in pregnancy.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Three SA experts weigh in on breakthrough infections, immunity, and vaccine hesitancy
- Pfizer shot working well, but latest data from Israel suggests 3rd shot may benefit older people
- Living with long Covid: Brain fog, hair loss, breathing issues – ‘You feel you’re going crazy’
- Resistance band workouts are everywhere – but do they work?
- Can the secret to weight loss be found in the spice aisle?
- THE ESKOM FILES | Fire, sabotage, and Treasury delays drove up Eskom’s Majuba Rail costs from ‘R108m to R6.5bn’
- Elections 2021: What the DA's campaign is all about
- POLITICS THIS WEEK: All eyes on ConCourt's ruling regarding the reopening of candidate registration process
- New Zealand murders: Experts offer some insight as to why children are killed by their parents
- All Black Test: ‘Eskom’ to turn Bok lights back on?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
30% - 9643 votes
70% - 22588 votes