Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Dec 2004
im on contraceptive (trifasil) practise safe sex (still insist my man wear a condom) but im worried that i might be pregnant.last time i went to the doctor for a check-up we did the preg test which turned out to be negative but discovered that i had irratible bowel syndrome...my question is :could one fall pregnant while on trifasil? and what other options do i have regarding contraception.i dont wanna have any more children (have 1 already) please advise me what to do....
The failure rate on the Pill is very low, less than 1%. If you are also using condoms, this would decrease it further. Your other alternatives are the injectable or the IUCD, but these are no safer than the Pill. If you have completed your family, you could be sterilised.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20025 votes