Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Dec 2005
HI, MY PROBLEM IS IVE BEEN ON THE INJESTION FOR 5 YRS AND ALL THIS TIME NEVER EXPERIENCED SPOTTING OR LBLEEDING, NOW I NOTICE I HAVE BEEN SPOTTING AND HAVE TERRIBLE PAIN LIKE PERIOD PAINS WHICH I NEVER EXPERIENCED SINCE IM USING THE INJECTION.. THERE IS BLOOD IM MY DISCHARGE AND WHEN I HAVE SEX AS WELL... IM TOO SCARED TO HAVE SEX FOR FEAR OF FALLING PREGNANT AND THIS IS CAUSING A PROBLEM IN MY RELATIONSHIP.. ALSO AFTER I HAVE SEX OR GET AROSED I FEEL NAUSOUS...AND THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE IVE BEEN SEXUALLY ACTIVE... WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM. ALSO NOT IM TERRIFIED OF GYNE VISIT HAD BAD EXPERIENCE WHEN I GAVE BIRTH TO BOTH MY KIDS
As you had no problems wth the injection for 5 years, it is likely that something else is causing your symptoms, such as a problem with the uterus or cervix. I gather that you have not had a gynae check-up for some time. Unfortunately, the only way to know if there is a probelm is to see a gynaecologist. Try to find someone that you are comfortable with.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
- ‘It was always there’: German envoy Martin Schäfer remembers Shoah survivor Veronica Phillips
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19423 votes