Ask an expert

21 Jul 2008

Chronic crying
How can I help my cerebral palsy daughter.Apart from the constipation and losing water from drooling.She cries for more than 4hours on end between 5pm and 11pm.Nothing we do can stop it.She has chronic epilesy, but is under treatment - according to her doctor it is one of the strongest substances and she is using not only Phoebaritone but also Rivitrol and Valium.Because of tha fact that she was constantly having fits(more than once a day).

Is there anything else that could be wrong with her?And how will we know?
Answer 399 views
Handicap Expert
Handicap Expert

01 Jan 0001


To alleviate your daughters constipation, you can give her Laxette syrup, twice daily, for at least a period of ten days. Nothing can be done to stop her drooling but it is important to replace fluids lost in this way. I suggest that she consults a neurologist, in order to assess the reason for her chronic crying.

Please advise me about the outcome at the neurologist.

Good luck!


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20217 votes