Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Jul 2020
Weird headaches - should I be worried about tumor/aneurysm?
I've been having a strange headache for almost a week now - it's like a mild constant pain but only at a specific point in my head (in the upper back right side of my head). Sometimes it almost goes away, and sometimes it seems stronger. I'm 26 years old and I've never had common headaches before; even when I did, they were like the usual tension headaches, on the forehead area or all head in general. I currently don't have any other symptoms, sometimes I get my right ear a bit clogged when I walk/talk but it doesn't happen often. I've done some googling and now I can't stop thinking about all the serious things it could be, like tumor or aneurysm.. Because of the current situation in my country I cannot make a test for that anytime soon unless it's an emergency.. So maybe someone could give me any advice if it's something I should be too worried about? Is it normal to have pain only at one point?
One can certainly have pain at only one point. It is highly unlikely to be anything serious, but it is impossible to be sure without being examined by an expert.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- INSIDE LABOUR | Covid-19 didn't cause union failures - the unions did it themselves
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20215 votes