Ask an expert

19 Jul 2006

Migraine Clinic
My maid's daughter (age 3) has seizures quite regularly and was not informed by her GP that it's epileptic/sy (spell?) and I was told that the childs needs to go to a migraine clinic, where in Joburg is one please? She's lives on the west rand and works in the northern suburbs.
Answer 443 views
Headache expert
headache expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Minime

If your maid's daughter suffers from seizures, then she doesn't need a migraine clinic. The person she has to consult is a Neurologist. There should be neurological services at all the major hospitals (state and private), so the best solution is for her to phone her nearest hospital and ask if they have a neurologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19868 votes