Ask an expert

19 Jul 2006

I twisted my ankle last year when playing netball. But now i am experiencing some aches on that ankle. Do i need to see a speciality or this pain will go away?
Answer 379 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Rwesi
If the pain persists and/or gets worse, you need to see a doctor. Netball is a high impact sport that can cause stress on the ankle joints. Usually a period of rest from the exercise is enough, but if you keep on with it, the discomfort will persist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes