Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Apr 2006
I HAVE DEVELOPED A SORE JOINT AT THE TOP OF MY LEG WHERE THE LEG JOINS THE BODY, FOR INSTANCE WHEN I TRY TO LIFT MY LEG TO PUT MY PANTS ON I FIND IT IS REALLY PAINFUL AND IT SEEMS AS IF IT IS THE JOINT AND NOT THE MUSCLE THAT IS CAUSING IT THE OTHER LEG IS FINE. IS IT THE START OF OSTEOPOROSIS I AM 62 YEARS OLD. IT ALSO SEEMS TO BE COMING FROM THE INSIDE OF MY THIGH WHERE IT JOINS THE BODY I ALSO FIND IT PAINFUL TO GO DOWN ON MY HAUNCHES AS IF TO PICK UP SOMETHING AND HAVE TO DO A PLIE AS MY LEG THEN IS SLIGHTLY APART AND IT IS AGONISING AT THE TOP OFTHE LEG JOINT WHERE IT MEETS THE BODY BUT NOT ON THE OUTER SIDE BUT THE INSIDE... OF THE THIGH.I HAVE HAD IT FOR WEEKS AND I DONT DO ANY EXERCISE.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes