Ask an expert

25 Feb 2009

bone pain / inflamation
Please help, my husband often has pains in his bones, especially joints in feet / knees / back. Everytime he goes to the doctor, they tell him it is inflamation and they give him cataflam. This is just not good enough so I am hoping you can help. What is inflamation? What causes it? How can he prevent inflamation. I really appreciate your help. Best regards.
Answer 353 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear unsure
I suggest you get him to a specialist who can do a thorough physical examination and also send him for some tests to determine the exact cause of his joint pains. Inflammation is not similar to infection, but it means that there is an inflammatory process (causing e.g. redness, swellin, pain) for some or other reason and a joint specialist (rheumatologist) will be the best person for this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.