Ask an expert

21 Jul 2008

I have had gout in the wrist which has eaten into the bone leaving a hole,how do I have this repaired as I was told by a Doctor before that if I break my wrist it will be a bad break.
Answer 409 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Brian
Bone is a living tissue and keeps on replacing itself until you die. He may have meant that the bones are a bit porous and I suggest you have it checked out by a specialist physician (rheumatologist) who can do the necessary tests and put you on the correct medication if you have chronic gout.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19337 votes