Ask an expert

05 Jan 2005

for my mom
Hello doc
Hope you had a wolderfull x mas and new year and all the best for 2005
My question is for my mother, she was diagnosed with arthritis and because she does not consist of a medical aid the doctors at HF said there is nothing they can do for her, they did not even give her any pain tablets.
The x ray that they have taken shows clearly how the one side of her hip is like gone, the is a big hole sitting there where the hip was and to make it worse she struggles to walk properly, the left side of her body is constantly in pain and she said her leg and hp i the worse, and the knee too.
What I would like to know is there medication (without a percription) tht I can get for her over the counter that will help with the constant pain.
I feel her so sorry, some days she is crying of all the pain.
Please doc can you help?
Answer 430 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Amanda
Please contact the Arthritis Foundation at 0861303030. They will give you better advice on this. Your Pharmacist will also be able to tell you which medication can be bought without a script.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9518 votes
69% - 20819 votes