Ask an expert

13 Mar 2007

I am suffering from fybromyalgia....My muscles is cramping and my joints aching....What would be the best road to tavel regarding this illness? Do you know of a good dr who spes in this field? I stay in Pretoria...
Answer 358 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lulu
Sorry- I don't know an expert, but I'm sure your GP will know? Usually a good rheumatologist will be able to help you.
It is thought that specific exercise programmes with gentle stretching and relaxation techniques may help, as well as treatment with tricyclic antidepressants.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes