Ask an expert

07 Nov 2006

Human Growth Hormone defiency
Good day Dr

I'm 26 years old and 1.42m tall - is Growth Hormone defiency treatment the best answer to grow taller at this age and will taking the injections really help?
Answer 312 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nicky
Firstly- you need to see a knowledgeable Endocrinologist regarding GH treatment.
Growth hormone will only be beneficial if the epiphysis(growth plates in bone) have not fused yet. If they are closed, you cannot grow in length any more. Several hormone tests and x-rays to determine bone age etc needs to be done before a course of action is decided upon.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.