Ask an expert

18 Apr 2006

i would like to know if there is any treatment one can recieve for dowagers hump. i 4 3 yearsyoung and have not other medical problems. also can this just be caused by poor posture or inherited?
Answer 354 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear cece
Dowager's hump is usually seen in older people who have had multiple vertebral fractures. If you hav not had any vertebral fractures, it is probably just bad posture or a scoliosis that you have had since childhood.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.