Ask an expert

24 Jul 2005

knee injury(fell on knee cap)
i fell directly on my knee cap and now it makes a grinding sound when touched or moved. could it be serious?
Answer 355 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Chicken
The fall may have caused some of the cartilege to split of. If it is causing discomfort or pain, you should see an orthopaedic surgeon who can decide to do a procedure called an arthroscopy where they insert an instument called a scope into the knee and remove the splinters by washing it out. It is a relatively small procedure.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9361 votes
67% - 19296 votes