Ask an expert

28 Jul 2008

Neck injury
I have a condition known as " loss of cervical lordosis" . What is it, and how can it be treated? What are the implications?
Answer 329 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Celeste
It just means that your neck does not have the normal curve and is probably a bit stiff. This is probably due to a bit of degenration of the intervertebral cushions (normal wear and tear as we age). If it causes discomfort, you can try a course of anti-inflammatory drugs like Voltaren or Brufen and also some gentle mobilising exercises- a physiotherapist can help you with this. If you have severe pain, you need to see a neurosurgeon who can evaluate this fully.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19868 votes