Ask an expert

09 Dec 2004

Hi there

I had a bone density test done two years ago.

The doctor presribed fosomax which I took for a year and had a nother bone density test carried out , and my condition improved.

I find fosomax a bit strong is there any other medication, or natural supplments that can be taken or what food should I eat

I am not one for medications
Answer 393 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Sam

If you can let me know what your bone density test said, I would be able to give you better advice. Fosamax is a very good drug for osteoporosis, and if you really need it, you should try and use it for at least 4-5 years. Please contact the osteoporosis foundation for more advice tel 0861102265 or 021 9317894.
Calcium rich foods should be taken (dairy products)- you must ensure that you take in at least a gram of calcium per day.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.