Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Sep 2009
Lately iI have problems with my heels. I can hardly walk. It pains very much even at night when I must go to the loo. Could it be shin plit and what is shin split exactly. Is ther a cure for it?
Shin splints occur on the front of the legs and usually happens when there is overuse (overexercising like marathon runners). Consult your doctor regarding the painful heels so that they can do some tests like x-rays etc to determine the cause of your discomfort.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19955 votes