Ask an expert

29 Sep 2009

Shin split
Lately iI have problems with my heels. I can hardly walk. It pains very much even at night when I must go to the loo. Could it be shin plit and what is shin split exactly. Is ther a cure for it?
Answer 350 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Shin splints occur on the front of the legs and usually happens when there is overuse (overexercising like marathon runners). Consult your doctor regarding the painful heels so that they can do some tests like x-rays etc to determine the cause of your discomfort.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19955 votes