Ask an expert

12 Aug 2010

Commission Earnings &amp  Notice
I have been working as a sales rep for a company for a year. I never signed any contract of employment. I was earning ONLY commission on sales generated. I have resigned with 24hours notice. Is my employer allowed to keep commission due to me on past sales, for payment in lieu of working notice of 30 days? My employer has stated that I am governed by the BCEA and that I was obliged to work 30 days notice? What is my rights in this regard, and what do I do if she deducts money due to me?
Answer 373 views
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001


The commission structure within each company differs. it is suggested that you look at your contract of employment or letter of appointment which will probably give you all the answers.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.