Ask an expert

15 Sep 2009

medical boarding/transfeer
4 years ago i developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The incidences that triggered the illness happened while i was on job. Question, does this not constitute and injury on duty? for the past 4 years i have been struggling to come to work but was year...i will in hell literally. I have been to the psychiatric hospital on 3 different occassions. This year, i asked my employee why they never considered to medically board me, so they started the process.. Currently i am so afraid to walk into ppl form the floor which i got sick on, i constantly feel contaminated adn dirty and have to do rituals. My psychiatrist said that they should transfer me to the branch, they didnt take into consideration the report from my psychologist (they never got the report). They made the decision to transfer me to the branch, however, they are unable to send me because the branch does not want me. I am sick and there is no position. I have to get better first before they send me. Mind you, i tried for 9 years to get a transfer to the branch, even wrote a memo to the EECB section but nothing came from it. now my employee is putting me into a 21 day programme at a psychiatric hospital to get me cured. What are my options? I told them i would resign but they said that i cant since they will nto accept my resignation. I am not making rational decisions. Waht can i do? is there anyway that i can sue them for what had happened to me here? what are my options?

Answer 1,238 views
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001


If you are on a pension or provident fund which allows for the boarding process then you can certainly apply for same. The obsessive compulsive disorder does qualify as an injury and certainly would not stand in your way to a boarding application. This application must be supported by specialists who must recommend same before you can actually apply. You should normally apply for the boarding and not go ahead with the resignation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19977 votes