Ask an expert

28 Jul 2008

I joined my company in November 2007. In July 2008 I received a 10% increase. On doing the calculations for July payroll the company discovered that they had made an error on my deductions when I started and that I have been overpaid since November last year. Firstly they are deciding how I can or if I should pay back what was overpaid to me for the last 8 months, and secondly, my increase is now basically not an increase because of the recalculation as it is just about the same as the amount that they miscalculated.

What are my rights?
Answer 314 views
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001

if there was an error they are entitled to recover this. the recovery should be done on an agreement basis.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.