Ask an expert

07 Oct 2009

Relief Allowance
Our company retrenched a manager, I have been holding the post for the past 8months (As i worked under the Manager) I have been carrying out all the necessary responsibilities of a Manager. At this stage the company does not intend on bringing in some-one else. I have asked several times for an increase but have had no feedback too date. Any suggestion on how to deal with this? Am i suppost to get relieving/acting allowance
Answer 670 views
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001


There is no right in law to the extra pay, this is merely an interest unless ofcourse your company falls under a Bargaining Council agreement.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes